Sunday, September 2, 2012

BREAKING THE NEW META part 2! A remake of an old deck

Hello everyone!

As promised, I will keep this blog updated whenever i find time to do so. And since the new meta is still exciting me, i really can't stop to explore it. Today i went to a local shop COURTSIDE (SM north branch) to try my old-new deck. Most of you are familiar with this theme since it dominated the meta back then, which resulted to an emergency banlist. without further ad due, i present to you my version of TELE-DAD:

Monsters: 24

Caius x2
Dark Grepher x2
D-hero Malicious x2
Sangan x1
Dark armed Dragon x1
Black Luster soldier, EOTB x1
Chaos Sorcerer x1
Krebons x3
Psychic Commander x1
Heiroglyph dragon Tefnuit x3
Heiroglyph dragon Shu x1
Junk Synchron x1
Effect Veiler x2
Zephyros the elite x1
Plague spreader zombie x1
Watt Dragon x1


Spells: 16

MST x3
Heavy storm x1
Monster reborn x1
Dark hole x1
Mind control x1
Emergency teleport x2
Foolish Burial x1
Heiroglyph seal of convocation x2
Book of moon x1
Rota x1
Allure of darkness x1
Pot of duality x1


Extra deck: 15
AOJ catastor x1
Magical Android x1
Iron chain Dragon x1
Blackrose Dragon x1
Scarp Archfiend x1
Stardust Dragon x1
Scrap Dragon x1
Mist Wurm x1
Inzektor Exabeetle x1
Heiroglyph King Atumus x1
Photon Bouncer x1
Photoglide x1
Swordbreaker x1
Gaia Dragoon x1
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon x1


So basically, the deck's concept is to setup for otk by swarming with synchro/xyz monsters. It can also summon a Stardust dragon and Photon bouncer in one turn with ease. The only problem i notice is that you'll probably end up using all your cards when you decide to combo out so if you won't be able to OTK, you'll get into big trouble. Here's a short tournament report:

Round 1: vs.  Chiro (Six samurai)

Game 1: He went first and was able to summon a Shien and Grandmaster with 2 backrows. i summoned Grepher but he bottomless it and i lost on his turn.

Game 2: Turn 1,  I set my kinetic soldier and ended. On his first turn, he activated Gateway and united, summoned 2 samurai monsters and OTKd me. it sucks to lose from gateway.


Round 2: vs FPJ (neo spacian shitness)

Game 1: I had a bad opening hand, we set and go for a few turns. I summoned grepher and filled up my GY with malicious and plague spreader. I didn't went for combo yet since there were too many backrow cards. On his turn, he activated SOUL RELEASE (yes this is a wierd deck, indeed) then followed up with synchro summon of chain dragon who beat me to death.

Game 2: I really can't rememebr exactly but i was able synchro scrap dragon and xyz summoned a bouncer. He really can't do much about it so GG

Game 3: same with game 2


Round 3: Xtian (GK town)

Game 1: He went first and sets 2 backrow, 1 field and a monster.  I mst his 2 back row before summoning grepher and activated. I attack the set monster which was GK recruiter and ended. He summoned ancient gear via geartown and activated necrovalley, I was completely stunned by that card so GG.

Game 2: He set like 3 back row cards and necro valley, i summoned grepher, activated teleport and synch into blackrose. Most of his set cards were just bluff so he quicky conceded.

Game 3: Can't remember in detail but i had an opening where i synchro into scrap dragon, xyz atumus into dragoon, and summoned chaos sorc.

2-1

Round 4: William (Six Samurai)

Game 1: Shien and another sam with 2 backrow. obviously, i lost

Game 2: My turn to swarm so i won.

Game 3: We had a very close game and after i swarm, he was down to 100lp. it went down to top deck mode after that. I had a stardust dragon on field and he drew reborn. he revived the bouncer in my GY to kill stardust. I drew krebons and summoned it to buy me some time. the next turn, i draw kinetic and set it. he attack krebons which i allowed. i drew, set and ended. He attack my set card which was kinetic and i won.

3-1.

All in all, i think the deck can still be competitive but not tier 1. Its an otk deck that requires a lot of cards and easy to counter with side. Most probably, i won't be using it for awhile and will move on to another deck concept. Hope you guys enjoyed my post and i apologize for the poor tournament reporting. Please check my blog for future updates. Thank you and happy dueling!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment